Amiot 134 - Sometime in 1940 - 1/72 Heller

First, greetings to TonyOD, who posted photos of his Great Amiot the very day I was going to post mine!  Its great that some people are still building these unique Heller models.  

The Heller kit is very basic - with NO interior detail.   I did a substantial amount of interior work - including structural details (frames), a cockpit platform, instrument panel, seats, some instrument panels and bombs in the rear part for the interior bomb load.   If someone strains, these can be seen through the ports (but alas, not in the photos)

Researching online, I was able to roughly determine the fuselage interior layout, and placed a Bf110 crew figure (a figure I painted in 1980!) as a seated gunner/navigator/whatever.   The extensive glazing below was difficult, as I had to mask it off and paint that section freehand (as I am a Rattle Can guy, Not an Airbrush guy).  As the underside was black, this wasn't too difficult.     I added some small decals that I placed on the black underside to liven it up a bit.    Some "do not step" decals I took from a Mirage and placed on the wings....

The figures are Airfix Luftwaffe personnel, so I guess we have to pretend this Amiot was captured!  Thats a 1/76 Nitto Kagaku Harley in the front....I guess we can assume this was gear captured by the Germans after Dunkirk!   (I did read somewhere that something like 40,000 vehicles were captured by the Germans after the Evacuation!)

Although most material points out that French Air Force painted its Amiot fleet "Chocolate Brown", I found some examples of Amiots painted the standard 3-color camouflage.   As I cannot get enough of this great paint scheme, I decided to paint the Amiot in these colors.     Although the unit insignia may not match the paint scheme, I don't worry too much about that.   

Although I was glad to finish the model due to the great amount of scratch building I had to perform, I am very happy with the result.

How I would love to see one of these Lumbering Giants fly overhead!   A pity none of them survive.....

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...