Bee on Stapelia glanduliflora flower & habitat photo

Anything relating to Succulents that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Martin_Heigan

Bee on Stapelia glanduliflora flower & habitat photo

Post by Martin_Heigan »

Here is an interesting one...

I was busy taking photos of Stapelia glanduliflora, when a bee with an identity crisis decided to come and take a look. After checking out the flower quite thoroughly, the bee flew off again. I managed to capture quite a few shots of the bee on the flower.

Martin
________
Marijuana Hemp
Last edited by Martin_Heigan on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tony

Post by Tony »

Another great shot Martin!
Was he holding his nose as he flew off :laughing6:
Forget the dog...Beware of the plants!!!

Tony
tvaughan

Post by tvaughan »

A hard plant to keep alive, at least my me. Any tips? I've got one small plant and it's just sitting there. And nice shot, btw.
Martin_Heigan

Post by Martin_Heigan »

I have a few and put them in very different places to see what climate conditions they like best. One of the plants got a bit of rain, and immediately got some black spot fungus. The plant that I photographed gets half sun, and now has 16 buds. The one in my greenhouse is making buds now, and gets harsh full sun all day. So it seems that they like half to full sun, and not too much water.

It is always great to see plants in habitat, as there is no better indication of what conditions they like. We found these plants at the end of the day, and the sun was already starting to set (so the plants are in shade). I photographed these habitat shots close to Clanwilliam Dam in the Western Cape, South Africa. The climate is very warm, dry and harsh.

Stapelia glanduliflora in habitat:
Martin
________
24 FORUMS
Last edited by Martin_Heigan on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
cactusveda

Post by cactusveda »

this habitat appears to be sim to my caralluma habitat.thanks for the info Martin.
tvaughan

Post by tvaughan »

Thanks, Martin.
cactuspolecat

Post by cactuspolecat »

Love the clarity in you bee pic Martin, a prize winning shot I think!

CP
"To be held in the heart of a friend is to be a king!" ...Bruce Cockburn.

G'day from down under in Devonport, Taz, the HEART of Oz.